Oral Argument Advocacy and Navigating Virtual Mediation & Hearings
Share this program:
December 3, 2021
Dayton Bar Association
Mediation, Oral Argument, Professional Conduct, Virtual Court
This seminar will cover the following topics:
• Virtual Appellate Mediation (Sasha Blaine, Twelfth District Court of Appeals)
• Supreme Court Discretionary Jurisdiction, 2020 Edition (Terry Posey, Jr., Porter Wright
Morris & Arthur, LLP)
• Preparing for Oral Argument (Michael Hendershot, Ohio Solicitor General’s Office)
• Mock Oral Argument (Second District Judges Froelich, Tucker, and Welbaum, and
Heather Ketter and Sarah Hutnik of the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office)
• Critique and Thinking About Virtual Oral Argument (Judges Froelich, Tucker, and
Welbaum, along with Jeffrey Sharkey, Faruki PLL)
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.