October 6, 2015
2015 Judical Poll Results Now Available
The Dayton Bar Association (DBA) conducts a Judicial Candidate Evaluation (JCE) Poll of its members for races in Montgomery County. Following tabulation, the results of the poll are published in the DBA’s Bar Briefs magazine. These results reflect the opinions of the members responding to the JCE poll and do not represent the position of the DBA.
There are two (2) contested and one (1) non-contested Judicial races in Montgomery County this year (2015) that were included in the JCE poll. The JCE poll also evaluates candidates who have never previously been elected to that particular court.
The respondents were asked to rate the candidates using the following scale:
A = Excellent
B = Above Average
C = Average
D = Below Average
X = No Response/
were asked to rate each candidate using the following areas:
- Legal knowledge and reasoning.
- Keeping current on developments in law, procedure and evidence.
Demonstrates ethical conduct.
- Ability to make impartial decisions without regard to identity of the parties or counsel.
- Clear and logical oral and written communication.
- Punctuality and preparation in court & conferences.
- Making decisions and rulings in a prompt, timely manner.
- Treating people with dignity and courtesy.
- Acting with patience and self-control.